Is Abdominal Pain Life-Threatening?
Being in sudden pain is the most awful experience one can have. The discomfort level you need to face at that time cannot be expressed in words. Several questions might be popping up in your mind regarding abdominal pain. What is abdominal pain & what causes it? Which area is affected the most? What if you need emergency treatment for the unbearable pain in the abdomen? Is the abdominal pain bearable or curable? All your questions will be answered in our articles. So stay here with us to know more about it.
What Is Abdominal Pain?
Abdominal pain is generally felt between the groin and chest known as the belly or stomach area. The level of pain might differ from person to person depending upon a lot of factors, and it can be bearable for some, mild for some, and dangerous for some too. Some might also need to have emergency care.
Is Emergency Treatment Available?
Yes, world-class emergency treatment 24×7 is available for abdominal pain San Antonio. There are many reliable treatment centers with All the specialty services and immediate care with an expert panel of professional doctors along with flexible payment options.
Types Of Abdominal Pain
Abdominal pain differs with the duration of the pain resulting in various types among them. These are:
· Progressive pain:
This is the worst kind of pain one can have and one needs to worry about it. This level generally comes with symptoms that should not be ignored.
· Chronic pain:
By chronic, it means that the pain may last longer, maybe for weeks or months or more.
· Acute pain:
This does not last long. It might last only for a few hours or days but that does not mean one should avoid taking care or treatment for it.
When Can Abdominal Pain Cause A Threat To Your Life?
There are several symptoms but here we are going to list the ones that can cause a threat to your life. These are:-
- Ovarian Torsion (It means rotation of ovary that might result in the stoppage of ovary artery or vein)
- Acute pancreatitis (This is caused mainly if you have gallstones or are addicted to alcohol religiously as these causes inflammation of the pancreas)
- Acute bowel obstruction (This is referred to as the blockage in the intestine that causes vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite, etc.)
- Ectopic pregnancy (This condition is rare and the main symptoms are pain in the pelvic area and light bleeding in the vaginal area)
- Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm (It refers to the swelling or bulging in the aorta and is often found in smokers)
- Myocardial infarction (It is nothing but the heart attack)
- Peritonitis (The inflammation inside abdomen followed by sore, swollen belly and fever, etc symptoms)
- Perforation along the gastrointestinal tract (This can be appendicitis or a stomach ulcer)
Abdominal pain requires high and excellent care as it can be dangerous. The abdominal pain is curable with proper treatment and care. For abdominal pain San Antonio, visit any reliable treatment centers for quick and easy relief.